Litigation is rarely a first choice. Whether a plaintiff or a defendant, though, it is often a necessary part of doing business.
Areas of Practice
Perkowski Legal has extensive experience litigating a wide range of disputes for both individuals and businesses, from trial-level to appeals, in both state and federal court. Here is list of some of the legal questions and industries we are capable of handling:
- Intellectual property (copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity, trade secrets, false advertising, and false endorsement)
- Entertainment matters
- Commercial business litigation
- Contract disputes
- Class actions
- Business torts (interference, unfair business practices, unfair competition)
- Toxic torts/mass actions
- Securities litigation and shareholder derivative actions
- Professional malpractice
- Employment-related litigation
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is sometimes an option to resolve disputes outside of litigation in court. Some benefits of ADR: it can be less expensive than litigation; it is conducted in a private and confidential setting, it can facilitate more creative business solutions to legal problems, as compared to judicial rulings or jury verdicts; and resolutions can often be reached much more quickly than litigation.
We can assist you with resolving legal issues through a wide range of ADR options, including mediation, arbitration, and judicial reference.