Skip to content

The ability of foreign nationals to travel to the United States for work, entertainment, athletic events, and performances is a critical aspect of a thriving creative culture. We offer the full range of immigration services to meet this need.

Worker Visas

In the creative-cultural industries, institutions often hire individuals from foreign nations, multi-national companies transfer employees between offices, and individuals travel for concerts, athletic events, art exhibitions, fashion shows, and other events and appearances. Travel visas are often required in these instances, and Perkowski Legal can assist with clearing the immigration hurdles.

Temporary business visitor visas

Unless qualifying for admission without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program, individuals visiting the United States for a business purpose may need to obtain a B-1 visa as a temporary visitor.

Permanent Worker Visas

Approximately 140,000 immigrant visas are available each year for persons who wish to immigrate based on their job skills. Eligibility for these permanent worker visas includes: (1) persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational executives and managers; (2) members of professions holding advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business; and (3) other skilled workers and professionals. Requirements and eligibility vary.

Temporary Worker Visas

Temporary worker visas are available for persons who want to enter the United States for employment lasting a fixed period of time and who are not considered permanent or indefinite. These include:

  • E-1/E-2/E-3 visas: Persons from treaty countries (with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) to conduct international trade or invest capital in a U.S. business, or for certain specialty-occupation professionals from Australia.
  • H1-B visas: Persons in specialty occupations (including fashion models, government-to-government research)
  • L visas: Intracompany transferees (managerial or executive level, and positions requiring specialized knowledge)
  • O visas: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement (in sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, motion picture and television)
  • P visas: Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers
  • Q visas: Participants in international cultural exchange programs.

We can help you determine whether you are eligible for one or more of these programs, advise on how best to meet the requirements and gather supporting documentation, and assist with filing the necessary applications and other paperwork to get approval.

Family Members

Spouses and children of temporary and permanent workers, who qualify for dependent nonimmigrant classification, may also apply for visas. We can assist with these applications as well.

Family-based Visas

Certain relatives of U.S. citizens or permanent residents may qualify for immigrant visas based on the family relationship. Examples include U.S. citizens or permanent residents filing petitions on behalf of a foreign spouse or children, or sponsoring the adjustment of status of a non-U.S. spouse legally present in the U.S. for other reasons. We can assist with these applications.


In some cases, foreign-born individuals lawfully present in the United States can apply for U.S. citizenship based on naturalization. We can assist with these applications.

Removal Proceedings

U.S. permanent residents and naturalized citizens can be subject to removal from the U.S. in some circumstances, particularly if they commit certain crimes or are involved in other prohibited conduct. We represent individuals who are subject to removal proceedings in immigration court.